Hotel Front Office Manager (FOM)
A hotel front office manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of the front desk and reception area of a hotel. This includes managing the staff who work at the front desk, as well as handling any administrative tasks related to the front office. The front office manager is often the first point of contact for guests, and as such, plays a key role in creating a positive guest experience.
Some specific responsibilities of a hotel front office manager may include:
- Supervising front desk staff and providing training and support as needed
- Handling customer inquiries and complaints, and working to resolve any issues that may arise
- Managing room assignments and ensuring that guest rooms are ready for occupancy
- Overseeing the hotel’s reservation system and ensuring that all reservations are accurately recorded
- Processing guest payments and handling any financial transactions
- Preparing reports and analyzing data to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the front office
- Maintaining accurate records of guest stays and ensuring that all necessary information is properly documented
In order to be successful in this role, a hotel front office manager should have strong leadership and customer service skills, as well as a good understanding of hotel operations and financial management.